I am a proven IT leader in the automotive industry. I currently reside in the Detroit, Michigan metropolitan area, but am open to relocation.
People leader. Business interface. Technical expert.
North American IT Industrial Support Manager | Faurecia
Jan 2018 - Present
- Manager of a 24/7, international team of Industrial Support Analysts and Software Developers providing configuration, development, and functional support for multiple proprietary and commercial Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Develop global IT strategies and processes for IT personnel, ensuring adherence to corporate standards
- Expanded scope of support to bridge multiple manufacturing platforms, saving upwards of three-quarters of a million US dollars annually
- Implemented project management best practices for team, improving on-time and on-budget project delivery
- Created a training program for advanced configuration and support to be used both with the Shopfloor Business Analysts and the manufacturing technical support teams
- Interface between the business and technical teams to facilitate successful IT project requirements and deployments
Senior Network Engineer | Faurecia
Aug 2013 - Jan 2018
- Senior member of a global infrastructure team, focusing on Local Area Network (LAN)/Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) architecture
- Designed, built, configured and deployed major LAN/WLAN networks in demanding manufacturing environments
- Provided top-tier expertise of LAN/WLAN equipment and practices to support onsite technical teams at over 300 manufacturing facilities
- Mentored through train-the-trainer sessions both the North American Level 2 Team and EMEA Infrastructure Team to empower and spread knowledge to further the understanding of network practices and troubleshooting
- Acted as team's technical writer, establishing standards and how-to guides following corporate format for publication worldwide.
Manager of Managed Services | Thomas Glover & Associates
Feb 2012 - Aug 2013
- Led testing, purchasing and implementation of Managed Services division using Solarwinds Orion software including establishing pricing, contracts and service level agreements for global customers
- Responsible for the design, construction, implementation and troubleshooting of network infrastructure for global manufacturing environments
Support Services Technician | Southern Poverty Law Center
Feb 2011-Aug 2012
- Managed a multi-server environment, physical network infrastructure, and provided executive-level support
- Supported the business in triage of hardware, software and mobile device management as well as provided user training
Please download resume to review full work history
MBA | Columbia Southern University
Aug 2016 - Oct 2018
Master of Business Administration
- Concentration in Project Management
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
BS | Columbia Southern University
Sep 2010 - May 2012
Bachelor of Science – Information Technology
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
I can't recommend Adam enough. I've had the pleasure of Managing him in two roles and helped him with opportunities to expand his experience. I promoted him to lead Faurecia's MES Technical team in North America and he has become the cornerstone of that incredibly important team supporting JIT Automotive Operations to several OEM's. As a leader and manager he is decisive and calm, his team respects and supports him completely. As a person he is to be admired and emulated, his service to his country and character is a model to all who know him. No doubt he will rise to CIO level if he chooses to.
Paul Kennedy - Sr. Business Consultant & Project Manager
Adam is a high energy, high output, enthusiastic employee that is committed to excellence and customer service. He learns new technologies quickly and thrives when challenged. Adam is extremely professional - well liked and respected by everyone he interacts with. In short, he would be an exceptional resource to any organization insightful enough to hire him.
Adam has my deepest respect and my highest recommendation.
Scott Derome - Technology Leader
Serving as the Outreach Director for SPLC I deliver presentations about our work nationally. I'm a MacBookPro, Ipad and Iphone user. On the road almost weekly, I have come to greatly depend upon Adam's Mac expertise.
Case in point: Just last week, after Adam tested and made needed adjustments to my Keynote presentation, I arrived at the event without my laptop. One quick text to Adam and he sent the file via drop-box to the event organizers--after converting it to PP for use on their Dell computer.
When I'm in the office, Adam is always ready to answer the most basic and bizarre questions. He never makes me feel like I'm wasting his time.
I appreciate Adam's "teaching" style. He explains concepts in ways I can easily grasp, but never holds me responsible for remembering them and is happy to present the lesson to me as many times as I need it.
Lecia Brooks - Chief Workplace Transformation Officer